Re: Rare vector finds web page

From: Al Kossow <aek_at_spies.com>
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 18:08:34 EST

"Straying more from vectors, I remember playing a game Loooong ago that
involved a train running around a track. It got one car longer under
certain conditions, and there was someting about rerouting the tracks...
B/W raster. Anyone know what that was? Al? It was in an arcade at the
same time as Lunar Lander, Speed Freak, Football, and some others.
"

Exidy "Side Trak"

You get an extra car each time you make a complete loop. There is a
"killer engine" on the tracks with you that you have to avoid.

The 'vector grails' still unfound are Vectorbeam "Scramble" and Exidy "Vertigo".
Sad to say, but the board that I have that still had the eproms wasn't Vertigo;
it apparently is the last vector game ever made.. "Top Gunner" (c) 1986.

There may be a few other Atari vector prototypes (Malibu..) and Midway's
Earth, Friend, Mission.