Re: Rare vector finds web page

From: <JOE.MAGIERA_at_a1il.ameritech.com>
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 17:48:10 EST

Hey Mark, I'm not trying to doom you to failure before you start (I think
it's a cool idea for a web page), but I do think you'll need to lay
yourself some ground rules on the scope involved. I think you'll need to
decide if you are going to limit your efforts to truly rare games as
opposed to prototypes. Nothing wrong with including prototypes, but if
you include them, when you get input from someone that worked for Atari
(or Bally or Stern or Williams...) you'll get so much input that would be
worthless because maybe one did survive the lab but will never be found.

If you decide to split them up, how would you define where a prototype
ends and production begins?

Anyway for what it's worth, while Zector is certainly rare, I believe
there were several hundred made, and I'm guessing a poll on RGVAC would
show up a few dozen of them. My entries for your page, while not vectors,
would be Marble Man, Marble Madness 2 (I saw a picture on a web page
somewhere, and that's the only time I've ever seen or heard about it), and
a wood cabinet Blaster. Rick's was the only one I ever saw or even heard
of.

I'm guessing one interview with Al Kossow and Rick Schieve will give you
enough info for a lifetime. ;^)

Joe

joe.magiera@ameritech.com