WG 6100 HV causing shaky picture

From: Dan Todd <acmech_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 10:52:35 EST

I have a WG model 6100 XY. The screen and focus Ass'y were damaged from a sharp
blow I assume. The case was cracked. I took the screen ass'y from an HV unit
that had a bad flyback and installed it into mine. I had to splice the wire
coming out of the top of the flyback. I used solder, rubber tape, electrical
tape, and closed it all up with heat shrink tubing. The monitor fires up and in
a pitch black room there doesn't seem to be any arcing, but I'm getting a static
noise in the speakers of the game. (Not there when using a different HV). The
picture is also kinda jumpy. The picture is all there, and clear but it seems to
pulse, like I'm loosing Voltage on the HV. The HV has been capped. I'm sure an
HV probe would be extremely helpful in this situation, but I haven't as yet
purchased one. I guess now would be the time.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dan