Re: OK -- LAST Raster Question :-)

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_Agouron.COM>
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 11:27:32 EST

Zonn wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 22:59:12 -0500 (EST), "Christopher X. Candreva"
> <chris@westnet.com> wrote:
>

> >Just looking at the Centipede schematics as I was cleaning up, and there is
> >a section for "Joystick Circuitry".
> >
> >And no -- this isn't the trackball under a wrong name. The trackball has
> >it's own section.
> >
> >Looks like it has circuits for 2 joystick inputs. Very interesting. Wonder
> >if this was an option, or if the board was reused from something else.
>
> There's a Jamma looking cabinet converted to a Centipede at a nearby arcade
> (Yellow Brick Road at UTC above the ice skating rink for those who live in or
> near San Diego) that uses a joystick instead of a trackball -- at least it was
> there about six months ago.
>
> The game play really sucks! Don't even think about it! ;^)

Pretty ugly cabinet. Just doesn't seem right to see centipede on a 25"
monitor.

To answer Chris' question, those inputs are "live" on centipede
(millepede has similar inputs). Wire them up to a joystick and the
right things will happen (I have it wired up on my JAMMA adapter). Of
course, if you're a centipede fan, the right thing will seem god awful
wrong ;-)

Ray