Atari cab repairs?

From: <anomalysys_at_juno.com>
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 04:47:07 EDT

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999 04:02:59 -0400 (EDT) Jeff Anderson <mayday19@idt.net>
writes:
>somebody please post something else its been 2 days of my stupid knob
>discussion.. god I hope it cant be that captivating :>
>
>Jeff

How about this:
I've got a couple old Atari cabs that are peeling near the edges. Is this
paint? It looks like maybe a melamine coating, and it just keeps peeling
back. I'm thinking I can score it with a razor blade or utility knife and
a straightedge, then peel off the outer piece.

Now the question: how to repair, paint so it looks almost unnoticeable
and keep the edge from lifting again?

I've looked at several restoration pages and didn't see anything that
covered this particular situation, If I missed it somewhere please feel
free to point.:)

Cheers, Don
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]