Re: Atari cab repairs?

From: W. Dennis Shirk <dshirk_at_godfrey.com>
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 10:30:11 EDT

The only thing that I have found to help is to do exactly what you
suggested.

I have a ROTJ that I am restoring, and it was peeling like crazy, so I
scored the peeling edge off. The only problem is that you cannot sand the
wood underneath completely smooth, so to keep any more from peeling, I put a
THIN layer of wood filler over the exposed wood and the edge of the contact
paper stuff and sanded this smooth. After applying a new coat of paint, it
looks great. This way takes alot of patience tho'.

Dennis
http://gameroom.godfrey.com