Re: WTB:G05 CRT or dead chassis w/ good CRT

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 10:56:33 EDT

On Apr 9, 1:39am, anomalysys@juno.com wrote:
> Subject: WTB:G05 CRT or dead chassis w/ good CRT
> On Fri, 9 Apr 1999 04:02:59 -0400 (EDT) Jeff Anderson <mayday19@idt.net>
> writes:
> >somebody please post something else its been 2 days of my stupid knob
> >discussion.. god I hope it cant be that captivating :>
> >
> >Jeff
>
> OK,
> Anybody got a reasonably priced non-burned 19VARP4 laying around?
> Or a complete G05-801 or 802 working or not?
>
> This Asteroids has a perfect tube for a test bench, big one inch or
> better burn spot in the center. Still playable, but REAL ugly! :) Damn
> shame, considering it took me no more than ten minutes to find and fix
> the problem on the deflection board after I hauled it home from the op's
> boneyard. I plan to keep the tube for my vector test rig.
> Yeah I'm thrifty, seems to be prevalent in this hobby!

I understand you are looking for a cheap source, but for those who don't
already know, you can buy NOS vector tubes from Richardson Electronics.

19VARP4 (B&W vector) $115 each.
19VLUP22 (color vector) $165 each.
They also have 13" B&W tubes available for $75 each.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL