Space Duel mod?

From: <JOE.MAGIERA_at_a1il.ameritech.com>
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 09:41:32 EDT

There are two reasons why I like Asteroids much better than Asteroids
Deluxe (forget cabinet looks, I'm talking strictly game play here). The
first is that stupid pie pod that comes out at the end of each wave. The
other is having shields instead of hyperspace.

I was testing a few Space Duel boards last night. Hadn't played the game
in a long long time. Again I'm dealing with the shields. With all you
guys doing re-programming (okay mostly Clay and a few others), how big of
a deal would it be to reprogram Space Duel to have hyperspace instead of
shields? It can't be too hard as Space Dual already has some form of
hyperspace (when you shoot or run into another player?). At least for me,
that would make a great game even better.

I'll lend a Space Duel board for testing (please don't kill it on me!).
I'll pay shipping both ways, plus some reasonable cost for the work.
Anyone up for it?

Joe

joe.magiera@ameritech.com