RE: Space Duel mod?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 14:10:49 EDT

> I was testing a few Space Duel boards last night. Hadn't played the
> game
> in a long long time. Again I'm dealing with the shields. With all
> you
> guys doing re-programming (okay mostly Clay and a few others), how big
> of
> a deal would it be to reprogram Space Duel to have hyperspace instead
> of
> shields? It can't be too hard as Space Dual already has some form of
> hyperspace (when you shoot or run into another player?). At least for
> me,
> that would make a great game even better.

Yeah, I've complained about those little "+" sign guys in Space Duel on
a couple of occasions too.

Hyperspace should be relatively easy I think, although I do kinda wonder
if it's not going to get you killed a rather lot of the time... ;-)

Changing the hit-points of those little "+" suckers has been something
I've wanted to do for a while. I don't think it'll be a hard patch once
I find the data and determine if it's a static structure or something
dynamic they build on the fly. Either way once I find a "hit counter"
for one I'll be able to take an execution trace based on the address and
see where

I'll look at these two possibilities this weekend if I get tired of
writing breakout...

-Clay