WG6100 X is wacky

From: Jim Sulzer <jsulzer_at_mail.execpc.com>
Date: Sun May 02 1999 - 23:04:37 EDT

Vector Gurus,

I've just finished a WG6100 recap & LV2000 installation and fired up my
Space Duel. Unfortunately, it looks like I've got a boogered up X signal
coming from my main board. Occasionally it settles down, the spot killer
turns off and I can see some vectors & a picture but most of the time it's
way out of range +/-10V and it jumps all over the place. On the main board,
the Y output looks good and I compared the respective X and Y voltages all
the way back to the DACs and the X still looks proportionally greater. Any
ideas on what to look at or where to go? I haven't broken out the scope yet
but I may have to get down & dirty with this thing before the battle's over.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a mistake on the WG6100 X-Y Upgrade/Fix document for
replacing R701 on the deflection board? It was originally a 1/4 watt and is
recommended to be replace with a 5 watt! I can't imagine that this is
really necessary or that the 1/4 watt would have worked in the first place.
What gives?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

LIFE is what happens while you are busy making plans :-)