Re: Breakout... (was Space Duel mod)

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 14:23:08 EDT

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Clay Cowgill wrote:

> c) leave Breakout alone ("classic") and fork off another Breakout game
> and do "b" to that

Oh hell, if you have the ROM, why not ???

I suppose I've most recently played Arkanoid, which I thought of as just an
updated breakout. I didn't remember that the original only let you hit one
brick at a time.

Vector Arkanoid . . .

> P.S. Does anyone but me *like* Breakout? ;-) (A Bosconian clone would
> be neat on Tempest hardware... Hmmmmm.)

I like it. Vector Bosconian would be cool too.

Hmmm -- one spinner and two buttons. Now, if one built a steering wheel to
fit over the spinner, and paraleled some pedals to the buttons, you could
make a driving game on Tempest hardware . . .

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/