Re: Casters on games

From: Cris Rhea <crhea_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 00:05:30 EDT

> I'm getting tired of trying to 'walk' my games across the floor on half
> broken, chew-ed up feet. (The game's feet, not mine).
>
> Rather than just repacing them with new slides, is there any good reason not
> to put casters under there ? Would make them a hell of a lot easier to move
> around for fixing, cleaning, etc, even keep them off the floor a bit.
>
> I'm figuring I can just chock the wheels to keep them in place. Anyone ever
> try this ?
>
> -Chris

I do this with all my games. I use plastic casters rather than the rubber
ones- the rubber tends to form flat spots when the game sits for a while.

Also, I don't bother with casters that have brakes or wheel chocks. Unless
your floor is *really* smooth, the games take a good umph to get them moving
(my game area is a broomed concrete floor).

--- Cris

 Cristopher J. Rhea Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility Pavilion 2-25
 crhea@Mayo.EDU Rochester, MN 55905
 Fax: (507) 266-4486 (507) 284-0587