Re: Casters on games

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.com>
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 15:42:22 EDT

At 01:41 PM 5/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 11 May 1999, Mark Jenison wrote:
>
>> bad idea (ie Battlezone, Tapper, etc). I can imagine playing Missile command
>> and having the cabinet rolling back and forth with each spin :-).
>
>I was planning on just chocking the wheels -- possibly with a stick behind
>and in front of the machine.
>
>I would be more afraid a BattleZone might tip over -- that was one of the
>comments I was looking for. It's gotta beat draging these suckers around.
>
>-Chris

If you're on concrete, what about just getting a scrap piece of carpet
and rolling your cabinets onto that? The Marble Madness in my office
here at Heartlab is on carpet with the plastic caster wheels and it
doesn't roll around that easily. You really have to push on it.

Also, on my Battlezone I put six wheels on it. Four under the cabinet and
two on the step.

Also, add my vote to plastic wheels over rubber ones.

-Chris

--
Christopher V. Moore -- Principal Engineeer
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891 -- www.heartlab.com