Re: Casters on games

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 14:56:26 EDT

I'm going to take this in a slightly different direction. Everyone is
talking about casters, how about mentioning how it was done on
games that had wheels?

What was done there is that the wheels were mounted at the rear
of the cabinet and normally missed the floor by a small amount,
say 1/4" or so. To move the game you simply tilted it back slightly
onto the wheels and moved it wherever you wanted it. These wheels
are the ones Happ sells.

Someone else mentioned refrigerator wheels, the little very long
tracks that go under a refrigerator, one on the left and one on the
right. These only raise the machine an inch or two and only really
work if the machine is moved straight forward or backward.