RE: Tempest Multigame (orders)

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 16:45:43 EDT

> Clay, for me and any other Canadians who might be ordering,
> could you advise if the postage rate is the same or how much
> additional would be required.

For Canada I ship stuff by DHL (which by nature is a 2-day service).
Diamond (where I work) lets me ship stuff on their account as long as I
pay 'em back and as long as it's not too many... (Which is why I do UPS
ground for everything else.)

(DHL seems a lot friendlier up north than UPS, and I like the tracking
ability of DHL over USPS.)

So, for Canada for the Tempest Multigame shipping should be $8. (It's
usually $7 for an "envelope" and $9 for a small box, so I'm splitting
the difference because I'm not sure how I'll ship the multigame.
Probably a box that I'll stuff in the DHL envelope. ;-)

-Clay

P.S. Misc. Multigame update:

It looks like there's room in the Tempest EAROM for me to store high
scores for Vector Breakout and the "default" game to boot to. This
leads to a question-- when the Multigame has a "default" game selected
should the machine boot to that game immdeiately on power-up, or should
it boot to the menu and stay there for ~20 seconds and *then* go to the
default game?

(If the game is in "default" mode but you power-up with the test-mode
switch "on" it'll boot to the menu to allow you to change the settings.)

Vector Breakout is basically finished now. Need to add sound...