Re: Tempest/Vector Breakout (was Tempest Multigame)

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 12:15:20 EDT

> > 20 seconds is a little short considering the time it takes the monitor
> > to warm up and show anything. 1 minute might be better.
> >
> Yeah, good point. Hadn't thought about that... The vote currently
> seems to be swaying towards having it jump immediately to the "default"
> selected game though. (With the ability to "force" the menu to appear
> by closing the test switch when you first power-up)

Can you tell if it's power-on or a reset? Why bother with the cool reset
circuit (triggered from P1 & P2) if that's just going to reset the machine
and run the default game. I don't want to have to open the coin door! OTOH
if a warm reset brings up the menu, that no-wait strategy would probably
be better - you'd never know it's a mulit-game without actually bringing
up the menu. BTW, was breakout on the menu or is that a "hidden" feature
of the menu system (which will be sort of hidden itself)?

Thanks,

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.