Re: Tempest Multigame (behaviour)

From: Chris Bright <cbright_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 16:12:07 EDT

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> > It don't work that way, there's always a skill level that people top out
> at.
> >
> > You can't "cheat" in Tempest by simply racking up credits.

SNIP

> It works-- I used to use it to knock my old roommate's scores off the
> list. ;-) (He was a much better player than I, but I could always shove
> him off the list by just playing for the bonus enough times.)
>
> -Clay

The better player (if everyone has a unlimited amout of quarters) will
always win. When you get to the high levels (above 400,000 bonus starting
points), then the number of waves that you have to pass to start at a higher
level bonus level begins to widen almost exponentially. Level 81- first
green wave (I think) is the highest you can ever start at and to get to that
you have to pass about 10 invisable levels on one game. I like the way it is
setup... that is one of the things that make it so addicting.

--
Later, Chris Bright
Vid page http://www.comnet.ca/~cbright/