Re: The long history of Cinematronics and Vectorbeam

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 20:47:09 EDT

On Wed, 26 May 1999 17:34:54 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Has there been any consideration for a z80 board with a b/w monitor? I
>hear people yawning, but it might be interesting to go back to overlays
>again, especially since b/w monitors have a special glowy, sharp image
>quality that color vector games don't have. Maybe a Battlezone II head to
>head game or something like that.
>
>Just an idea...

I think it all gets down to the monitor. Which all gets down to the
yoke, and HV section. Even the HV section I'm sure can be worked out,
so it gets down to the yoke.

B&W would be a good place to start since there is no convergence
problems. All you have to do is get the lines to touch and your down.

Do they still make 25" B&W tubes? THAT would be cool! I'm sure that
any B&W vector yoke could be made to work (as long as it fits over the
neck).

Does anybody know about the availability of B&W tubes? Rodger B. ?
Anyone?

Or we can all agree to a 4" CRT display as the new X/Y standard.
Kinda disappointing.

-Zonn