RE: The long history of Cinematronics and Vectorbeam

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 20:58:22 EDT

> I think this is a novel idea, and if anyone wants to spearhead such a
> project, I'd be happy to write an emulation environment for the
> hardware.

You know, Kawasaki makes a 40MHz Z-80 with some extra registers... ;-)
Could be kinda cool! (It could almost run Omega Race as fast as
Retrocade, eh Neil? ;-)

On the other hand there's already the Vectrex... And just giving an
Asteroids board some more memory and a sound chip (and maybe a boost in
CPU speed and/or a math-coprocessor ;-) would give plenty of hardware to
play with.

Just picking an existing platform and writing new software would be
cool... (There's always that pesky need for people to write new games--
regardless of the hardware.)

-Clay