RE: Tempest Multigame (behaviour)

From: Keith, Brendan <Brendan.Keith_at_wilcom.com>
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 15:15:42 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: zonn@zonn.com [mailto:zonn@zonn.com]
>So now the "un-written rules" of the contribute to the skill-level of
>the player?

Sure! All games have un-written rules! Did you know in Pac-man in
order to get higher scores you must eat the ghost when they turn blue?
A good player might be able to just avoid things all day and eat dots,
but the one who knows the rules gets the high score.

-Zonn

Actually, Pac Man's rules are written. Right on the monitor glass
that I'm staring at now (it frames my computer monitor)

- Insert Coin
- Select 1 or 2 Players
- <pac icon> avoids <normal coloured ghost icons>
- ...... dots score 10 points
- 4 o flashing energizers score 50 points
- after energizing <pac icon> can attack <blue ghost icons>
- beware of flashing monsters which are about to change back to the
dangerous colors.

Oh, and my check is in the mail. Program it any way you want.
I assume the difference is in the ROM and if you make the different
versions of the binary available, those of us with burners can choose
our own.