RE: Tempest Multigame (behaviour)

From: <oren.m.williams_at_exgate.tek.com>
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 15:48:42 EDT

I don't contribute here much, so maybe this is a bad time since this has
been beat into the ground. But it seems to me Clay and Zonn are using terms
like "better" to qualify different Tempest player attributes. Clay values a
player's ability to physically interact with the game through hand-eye
coordination and the basic rules of the game. Zonn values a players ability
to get the highest score by whatever means the game's released coding
allows. Zonn's "better" is a combination of physical skill and ingenuity.

Personally, I agree with Clay. Some games seem to have an intent which is
circumvented by flaws in the original code. In the case of continuing
games, the code certainly serves the purpose of capital, which someone
pointed out.

oren, still putting off the replacement of HV diodes in his BZ