RE: Why can't games behave for company ?

From: <oren.m.williams_at_exgate.tek.com>
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 14:38:50 EDT

After owning and playing my Battlezone for months, one of my best friends
finally got to see it. Months previously, I had commented that I was
thinking about buying an old arcade game and he had mentioned that
Battlezone would be the greatest. I was really excited to show him the game
and other than the screen bloom I still hadn't fixed, the game NEVER had any
other problem. I turned the game on to show him and half of the screen was
missing. I unplugged and plugged twice and the screen came back but now
it was shooting characters all over the screen intermittently with the
landscape display. I felt like such an idiot saying,"Wow, it's never done
this before." It was true! It finally settled down minutes later, but he
had lost interest at that point.

So a few days after the above episode I plugged it in. It worked perfectly.

Few weeks later, another good friend came over and I attempted to show him
the game for the first time. It freaked out again! I still have never had
it bug-out the same way when I'm playing the game alone. I've also showed
it to my roomates dozens of times with no problems.

Skeptical friends you're trying to impress with old arcade games ruin the
games! Keep them away.

oren