RE: Ampliphone HV-other options?!

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 18:45:41 EDT

> You can't generate X-Rays without a vacuum, and a target (like inside a
> picture tube or X-Ray tube)...just raw HV won't do it, otherwise those
> folks living under/near transmission towers might have a problem...you
> thus do not need to load down the HV.

Uhhhh, right. :-) That's what I was trying to get at. I don't want to
hook up an experimental HV supply to a CRT and end up messing up all the
camera film in the house. :-)

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a reason that you couldn't just sink
the anode cup of a flyback to ground through a resistor for the sake of
testing. (I'd imagine that leaving it open with a spark-gap to ground could
result in too high of current flowing and killing the flyback or something
else... Like *me* for example! ;-)

-Clay