Re: Ampliphone HV-other options?!

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 18:39:39 EDT

Hi Zonn!

Yes, I knew about the inputs to the Cine, I should have said that the
inputs were set to "0" deflection on the screen. I imagine a simple pair
of dip switches could be used to move the beam anywhere one likes for
testing purposes.

I hadn't thought of testing the Cine chassis with BOTH the yoke and
outputs disconnected, I would think that the drivers would not be happy,
but on the other hand, with no load, why would they care? But I don't
know what to think until I study the schematic some more...

 I have accidentally "tested" a Cine with the output transistors
unplugged and the yoke still in, this happened in the early 80's, makes
for a bit of smoke!

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com