Re: Ampliphone HV-other options?!

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 21:23:07 EDT

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:28:08 GMT, you wrote:

>Cool! That would be fun to see! (From a distance of course..)
>
>I was under the impression the HVT was using something like 5ma!! Making the
>whole thing about a 100w supply, which seemed real high, but I just had no idea
>how much current it takes to get an electron to travel through a vacuum. (Had I

        The electron traveling through the vacuum _is_ the current. The
_voltage_ is what provides the force to make it go.

"An Academic speculated whether a bather is beautiful if there is none
 in the forest to admire her. He hid in the bushes to find out, which
 vitiated his premise but made him happy.
 Moral: Empiricism is more fun than speculation." -- Sam Weber
solarfox@DON'TMESSWITHtexas.net (Gary Akins jr.)
http://lonestar.texas.net/~solarfox