RE: Ampliphone HV-other options?!

From: Keith, Brendan <Brendan.Keith_at_wilcom.com>
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 21:46:15 EDT

That just made me think of a trivially easy Cine monitor tester
for when your game board is down.

Since the inputs typically float high and move the beam to the corner
and result in all the usual mayhem, a small adapter that grounds the
inputs would center the beam. Then if a simple circuit could toggle the
2nd MSB on each DAC, 90 degrees out of phase, it would draw a
square test pattern for monitor troubleshooting. A lower order bit would
yield a smaller square but I figured this would be a good size.
I guess a binary counter in Gray mode would work: 00,01,11,10.
A regular counter, going 00,01,10,11 would give a figure 8 pattern like:
  ----
   \/
   /\
  ----

That might actually be better for setting the center controls.

Like John says, consider this a shareware tip, send my shop $10 for the idea

if you like it. ;)

--
Brendan Keith
brendan.keith@wilcom.com