Re: Electohome G05's...again

From: ddhumphr <david_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 14:54:48 EDT

> > I've got no blown fuses in the G05, this too is good. I've got a heating 3752

> If you have 2N3752 transistors (unlikely, don't think there IS such a thing), replace
> them with 2N3792, the correct part.

Uhhhmmm, yeah... Oops!

> > Here's what I'm looking for some memory jibing on... I'm seeing at the base of the
> > "Y" deflection transistors, a waveform that looks like your basic audio excitation
> > signal that peaks and troughs from +25 volts to -25 volts. Remember this is at the
>
> Open yoke? Bad solder joints on the yoke connector?? Shorted R620 (should be
> 2 ohms, 10 watts, NON-inductive)? Blown F600 (or bad connection)---don't just
> LOOK at it, use an ohmmeter on it!), 2 amp fast blow.

Open yoke. Ewww... Does this happen? I'd better check it. Solder joints were good
(through-out); check. Static resistance check on R620 was good; check. F600 continuity
tested OK; check. (I will go back and check continuity all the way to the components
though) You seem to be leaning toward a no-load condition from the yoke side, Roger, an
interesting thought. If one pulls the yoke connector off of the deflection board, does it
tend to cause only one of the drive transistor to heat? More importantly, is it going to
be safe for me to quickly test the characteristics tonight after yanking the yoke
connector?!? To see if this is the case also for the X side?

Thanks for your thoughts, dude.

Ace