Re: Follow up: Re: Tech: G08

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 14:57:02 EDT

On Jun 21, 1:45pm, Rodger Boots wrote:
> Subject: Re: Follow up: Re: Tech: G08
> Mark Jenison wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I replaced the TIP29B and that fixed it. Thanks Rodger!
> >
> > Does anyone understand how the spot killer circuitry works on the G08
monitor?
> > The Star Trek manual mentions it, yet I can't find the devices on the
> > schematics. Anyone?
>
> Only thing I see that looks like a spot killer is the yoke return lines
> go to pins 1 & 2 of the high voltage power supply and work their
> way into pins 1 & 15 of the IC. I assume they just turn off the
> high voltage to kill the spot.

Yes, it just turns off the HV to kill the spot. However, the manual says
something about a diode and two resistors being part of the spot killer
circuitry. The part numbers may be D409 or ZD409, and R111, R110 or R112
(can't remember the exact numbers right now, but I can't find them on the
schematics).

Oh well. I was able to repair two more G08s this weekend, so I added more
information to the troubleshooting section and G08 FAQ. Check out my web page
for further info.

www.enteract.com/~jenison/mars

Mark Jenison / __/ /_/ / / / | // | / |__ __/ _ /__ \ Sega/Gremlin
cig.mot.com /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_| Arcade Games
____________ The One and Only 4-player vector game ____________