Re: Electohome G05's...again

From: ddhumphr <david_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 08:44:01 EDT

Aaarrghhh! No wonder there was no good answer to the G05 problem! The monitor is fine!
(heck, even I began to wonder...) Just goes to show the old quote "when you have ruled out
the improbable, it must therefore be the impossible".

I had dutifully isolated the problem to the monitor after verifying the CPU (and assuming
after I had already verified the monitor 6 mo.s earlier that it must have fragged itself in
the intervening time period). Turns out the wiring harness was hacked. The one thing I never
check until wasting 6 hours on troubleshooting a perfectly good monitor!

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth dudes.

Ace