Re: Major Havoc Roller Controller (Shafts)

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 16:09:30 EDT

"Christopher X. Candreva" wrote:

> OK -- one problem solved. Now if someone can just tell me what the drive stud
> does I'll be set.
>
> I'm guessing it sits in the dimple on the roller and acts as a sort-of
> shaft. BUT I would then expect one on each side, and the picture seems to
> show only one.

Description "178116-005 #6 x .31" drive stud".
IF the panel slopes and IF the stud goes in the side
nearest the player my guess would be that gravity holds
the roller against the stud and the stud just keeps
the roller from scraping against the housing.

In the drawing the stud appears to be slotted, like a
board standoff. My guess is it IS a plastic standoff.
#6 would be the hole size it fits in to and .31" is probably
length, but length of WHAT I don't know.