Re: BattleZone Monitor? Problem

From: Andrew and Michelle Wilson <wilson_at_seanet.com>
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 15:25:03 EDT

I'm pessimistic that it's the HV Diode, because an HV problem should cause
the entire picture to shrink/grow, not just the vertical dimension, right?
Also, I've heard of the picture blooming (growing) as the voltage drop
across the diode increases with age and heat (resulting in lower Anode
voltage), but can a bad HV diode lead to a *shrinking* picture? I may just
not be understanding how the monitors work, tho.

It's easy to test, in any case - open the HV cage and freeze spray the diode.

To spare you a search through the vlist archive, the replacement diode is an
SK7333 (NTE 572A). I got mine from mouser.com.

        Drew