Re: BattleZone Monitor? Problem

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 15:43:07 EDT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Andrew and Michelle Wilson wrote:

> voltage), but can a bad HV diode lead to a *shrinking* picture? I may just
> not be understanding how the monitors work, tho.

Shrink is just the opposite of bloom. If it is marginal instead of a total
failure, it will be doing both -- depending on which you 'see' first you
will either think it is "growing" or shrinking. As I also said, it could be
a problem in the insulation. I had a diode that would arc 'sometimes', as
silly as that sounds. Maybe as the insulation heated up, an opening would
appear. It would arc intermittently, causing the picture to wobble.

And yes -- it will be growing/shrinking in all directions. However, because
of the way the BZ picture is (land extends to left and right), it may in
fact be changing in all directions, but the vertical is more easily
noticeable. This should be verified on a test pattern.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/