Re: Weird G05 Problem, Please Help

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 09:32:24 EDT

Last night I was so convinced that I had found the problem, I
started humming the Superman tune (no, I have no clue why). It
turned out that with everything connected and hooked up, there
was in fact a short from the 2 heatsinks to ground.

What I came up with was D608 was bad and even Q606 (it must have
recently blown). Also, although it does blow the fuse F102,
the resistors still fry even if the fuse is not there. This
brings are list of once dead parts to: R610, Q606, D608, R613,
R618, Q605, Q603, R620. Its possible that the chasis transistors
are bad now, but I haven't pulled them to test.

Fwiw, I had pulled the bad D608 and was going to put D708 in its
place just to see if the vertical deflection would work, but I
forgot. When I powered it up, it blew the 2 fuses (no major fires).
When I put the diode from D708 in D608, the fires started back
up again. Any ideas?

Jon