Re: Weird G05 Problem, Please Help

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Jul 23 1999 - 13:29:25 EDT

A quick update... I got a second deflection board from
a friend of mine (which probably didn't work, but thats beside
the point) and the same 2 resistors went up in smoke! I tested
the yoke (swapped wires and y displayed fine), and I pulled
and tested almost everything on the HV board with no luck.
When I took known good chasis transistors and installed them,
they were killed instantly. The only thing I did find (but
it didn't do any good) was that pins 4 and 8 on the G05 should
be reversed (on the main connector). 4 is supposed to be the
z gnd, and 8 should be the gnd from the 30vac. Ground is
ground, right? Anyway, I would guess that all Asteroids
Deluxe's are like this.

I hate to sound like I give up easily, but I am just getting
so fed up with this damn thing.. I am going to have a EE
friend of mine play with it next week and see if he can get
anywhere. If that doesn't turn up anything, is there anyone
I could send the HV & deflection boards to for looking
at? I would want to donate to your favorite charity,
naturally. Or am I better off trying to find another monitor
from somewhere (not something I particularly want to do).

Jon