Re: Tempest Multigame: Problem?

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 09:46:00 EDT

On Jul 21, 9:18am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: RE: Tempest Multigame: Problem?
>
> > I hadn't tried that setting before, but with Aliens turned off my machine
> > exhibits the same behavior you describe.
> >
> > Hmmmm..... Clay?
> > -roy-
> >
> I'm scratching my head here guys... This is how I'm interpreting the steps
> to reproduce:
>
> 1) Do NOT disable the watchdog.
>
> 2) Set the multigame to NOT display Aliens in the menu.
>
> 3) All other DIP switch setting are at their "recommended" settings like I
> posted here.
>
> When I do that everything works fine on mine. "Aliens" doesn't appear in
> the menu and all games coin up and play normally...
>
> Am I misunderstanding what you've got things set at?

That sounds right; I don't remember if your settings included free-play, but
that's how I have mine set; everything else is recommended settings, with
Aliens selected OFF.

If I remember correctly, the high score of CLC 102XXX high score is displayed
during the games that get stuck in PRESS START mode. Would clearing the high
scores have anything to do with it? I ask because I haven't cleared the high
scores for Tempest or V-breakout like you ask/recommend. Also, I have the
reset board installed on the boardset. If you would like, I can send you the
boardset so that you can work with a reproducable scenario.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL