Re: Tempest Multigame: Problem?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Jul 22 1999 - 18:30:27 EDT

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:04:46 -0700, you wrote:

>> It boggles the mind how often people think that just because
>> someone works
>> for a company that they know every single stinking detail about every
>> aspect of that company. There are divisions at Intel I didn't
>> even know
>> existed until I read about it in the trade rags!
>
>Oh yea, I know all about that. "How do I get my modem to work on windows"
>is my all time favorite. HEY maybe I should send them to Clay? :)
>
>I would have told Jeff to jump in a lake if I hadn't JUST seen that URL 5
>minutes before on the internal list. Actually that's not true, I would have
>probably posed the question to another of the internal aliases and seen if I
>could get any info. I do that for people when I can. Just don't ask me
>about modems :)

Having never met Jeff personally (or maybe I have and forgot), but he
seems a pretty smart guy to me. I read his email as a bit of 'tongue
in cheek' about device drivers. A joke in response to the "Heyyyyy I
resemble that remark" joke. I don't really believe he thinks you know
everyone at Microsoft, or how to write drivers simply because you work
there, my bet is he forgot a smiley.

(Jeff, you can correct me if I'm wrong.)

-Zonn