Re: Multigame Egg (Hint)

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 18:16:21 EDT

OK, I'll give a hint about the Tempest Multigame easter egg. If you don't
want a hint, don't read the rest of this message. If you do figure it out,
please be considerate (or inconsiderate as some might see it) by not openly
talking about it on the list :-) The hint is given down below after all
the quoted text.

> > Does this mean that I have to unsolder the EPROM, read in the
> > contents, figure out what bank vector breakout is in, disassemble it, then
> > look through the code to find your easter egg?
> > (or will you give us a hint?)
> >
> Hmmmmm... I'm not inclined to give out anymore hints on the list-- don't
> want to make it *too* obvious. If a few of you want to badger Paul though
> maybe he'll crack. ;-) If he won't tell you you can hit me up directly in
> e-mail and I'll give you a hint. (In case there's some people that would
> rather discover it themselves, I don't want to tell all of Vectorlist...)

Down....

Down....

Down....

Down....

Up...

No, Down....

OK, your hint is this: If you are looking at Vector Breakout, it's too late
to trigger the easter egg. Hmmm, what software did Clay write? Or perhaps
it can be activated from within the game & I'm just not aware of it... I'll
have to try it again when I get home.

BTW, I haven't seen the Egg within the Egg yet, but I have an idea....

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.