Tempest MG menu button don't work.

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 23:04:50 EDT

I'm starting to think I'm going nuts. I can't get that menu button to do
anything.

It's just 2 pins sticking out of the card. Solder wires, attach button, push
button -- no menu. Nothing happens at all.

Check solder. Check continuity on wires. In desperation, check for 5 volts
at button terminals when not pressed, 0 when pressed. Yup, got it.

Clay -- is the menu button just hooked to reset, or does the program
actually check it ? I didn't change my DIP switch settings, but everything
else works fine, including Vortex and Aliens. If I understand how it works,
the switches shouldn't effect the menu button.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/