Re: Cross for Keltron diodes?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 00:05:54 EDT

Has anyone here looked into old black and white TV's as a source of these
HV diodes? I wonder as well if one was to take a colour Flyback apart if
the diode in it would work. Why not indeed?

I have a number of old Motorola B&W monitors that are from early video
games that were wrecked long ago (long, long ago). They have the HV diode
hanging on the side of the Flyback just like those on the B&W asteroids etc.

I might be persuaded to find out how many I have if the offered $ makes it
worthwhile to crawl up into that section (ask Al about the piles of parts)
where these monitors are resting in final repose.

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com