Re: Cross for Keltron diodes?

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 00:41:40 EDT

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, John Robertson wrote:

> Has anyone here looked into old black and white TV's as a source of these
> HV diodes? I wonder as well if one was to take a colour Flyback apart if
> the diode in it would work. Why not indeed?

        These aren't HV diodes, in the sense that I think you are thinking
of. i.e. they aren't in the "stick" package, like those in the G-05,
19V2000, etc. These diodes are in pretty much "normal" diode packages

        They are used to create the +400V and +90V in the Cinematronics
monitor. The Keltron HV unit outputs 16 kV (Anode Voltage), +400V, and
+90V. I think the 400V is for the focus voltage, and the 90V is the
cathode voltage, but I might have them backwards.

Joe