Re: Swapping CRTs

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 16:08:37 EDT

The ring assembly needs to be not only positioned
correctly front to back, but turned correctly. Also if you
haven't degaussed the tube the purity doesn't stand a
chance.

Heater voltage will be the same.

If you have a high voltage probe, use it. Should be 22,500.

You might try shorting R931. This goes from ground to
the low side of the brightness (G2/screen) pot on the
neck board. This will allow you to set the brightness
much lower.