RE: Converting Star Castle to Armor Attack

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 14:49:26 EDT

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Simon Whittam wrote:

> Who's responsible for this Cine-MGame?
> Will it require a working CPU board as a basis (like Mpac and ESB/SW)?
> Will it need discrete sound boards for each game? If so, will it have a
> multi-sound-board interface or have a more sophisticated way of doing this
> ...?
> Which games will it support (AA/RO/SC or more)?

        Mark Shostak was working on the Cinematronics Multigame. As far
as I know (from his vectorlist posts, and from talking to him about it
once or twice:) You need a working CPU board, and it will need discrete
sound boards for each game. There is no reason why any multigame couldn't
play all the B/W XY games, and Boxing Bugs (although it's unlikely to be
playable without the supporting boards,) but you won't be able to play
half of them in your AA cocktail (Controller Differences.)

        I'm not sure if it will have a multi-sound board interface, or
anything like that....The discrete sound boards are a real pain. I worked
on a multigame sound board for a while, but lost interest, as I now own
pretty much all of the Cine XY games anyway....I think I remember Zonn
saying he went back and reverse engineered all the sound boards so that
they could add sound to Retrocade....That's basically the first (and
biggest) step to making a multigame sound board.

Joe