RE: Converting Star Castle to Armor Attack

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 15:13:01 EDT

> > Will it need discrete sound boards for each game? If so, will it have a
> > multi-sound-board interface or have a more sophisticated way of doing this
> > Which games will it support (AA/RO/SC or more)?
> Mark Shostak was working on the Cinematronics Multigame. As far
> as I know (from his vectorlist posts, and from talking to him about it
> once or twice:) You need a working CPU board, and it will need discrete
> sound boards for each game. There is no reason why any multigame couldn't
> play all the B/W XY games, and Boxing Bugs (although it's unlikely to be

Zonn and I kicked around the idea of making an all-in-one Cinematronics
games board, that is basically a micro with a bunch of Flash/ROM on it, a
couple of 12 bit DACs with all the Cinematronics games "converted" to the
native processor. Damn... wish I had more time...

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. For over 95% of projects, C++ is the pet rock fad of
ICQ # 29402898 programming.