Re: Vector programming

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 16:18:47 EDT

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Jon Raiford wrote:

At 01:18 PM 9/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The real question is this:
>Why those activities instead of creating a new game on current hardware?

I think it's similar to Hot-Rodding a car. Pick the reason -- you do it
because it's easy to get, cheap, simpler in design to modify, etc.

Most technology -- cars, computers, stereo, etc -- evolves to the point
where y ou can't really get your hands around how it works. ie: I still have
my old record player (and an old open-reel tape deck) from when I was a kid,
to give to my kids some day. CD's are great, but records you can play
backwards, forwards, at the wrong speed, move with your finger, stick a pin
in a cone of paper and balance in on the record -- get a hands-on feel for
how it works.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/