Re: vector programming...

From: Josh McCormick <jmccorm_at_galstar.com>
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 23:08:06 EDT

> This sounds like a disassembler I wrote eons ago that actually does a code
> walkthrough. Here's a sample from an Asteroids dump:

> 7d01 9d 00 01 STA $0100,X ; Stack page

Hmmmm... had to comment on this line of code. Looks like Atari didn't
respect the stack page as being holy. Maybe they figured that $0180-01FF
was good enough to the stack. In pouring through the Tempest code, I see
numerous game variables that are stored between $0100-0180.

Have you seen the same thing w/Asteroids?