Re: Amplifone tube.

From: jason Milsom <MILSOM44_at_webtv.net>
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 12:06:39 EDT

 I actually have a WG 61xx with an amplifone tube. The tubes for the
amplifone and the WG are NOT the same. The main diference is that the wg
is a 100 degree tube and the amplifone is 90 degree tube. The G08 and WG
color vector monitors use the same tube. An amplifone tube will work in
a WG chasis if you use the amplifone yoke. The neck board fits the same.
The amplifone tube is longer than a WG tube so it sticks out from the
chasis a bit making it very easy to break the neck when moving the
monitor around. This swap will fix the bowing effect on SW and MH.

  I was told that the 90 degree tube used for amplifone vector monitors
is the same tube used in later atari (WG) medium res monitors.

Jason Milsom

http://community.webtv.net/MILSOM44/MilsomsPuband