Re: Amplifone tube.

From: Aaron Howald <Ahowald_at_bilbo.w-link.net>
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 18:30:42 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: jason Milsom <MILSOM44@webtv.net>
To: <vectorlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu>
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: Amplifone tube.

> I actually have a WG 61xx with an amplifone tube. The tubes for the
> amplifone and the WG are NOT the same. The main diference is that the wg
> is a 100 degree tube and the amplifone is 90 degree tube. The G08 and WG
> color vector monitors use the same tube. An amplifone tube will work in
> a WG chasis if you use the amplifone yoke. The neck board fits the same.
> The amplifone tube is longer than a WG tube so it sticks out from the
> chasis a bit making it very easy to break the neck when moving the
> monitor around.

Coud someone tell me how much longer the neck is? I have a WG in a
"special" cabinet :*) (space at a premium) and am now wondering if I can
even get an AMP tube in there...

> This swap will fix the bowing effect on SW and MH.

Yeah, I've heard the AMP yoke corrects the bow itself...
BTW, I am looking to buy an AMP yoke, any takers? (And is the same yoke used
for AMP 19" and 25"??)

Aaron Howald
ahowald@w-link.net