Re: Amplifone tube.

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 00:12:13 EDT

> Coud someone tell me how much longer the neck is? I have a WG in a
> "special" cabinet :*) (space at a premium) and am now wondering if I can
> even get an AMP tube in there...

I have a loose Ampliphone tube. I set it face down on a smooth surface and
measured 17.25" to the tip of the neck. (accomplished by laying a yardstick
horizontally accross the tip of the neck and measuring from the yardstick to the
surface the tube was resting on) Using a similar approach I obtained a 14.5"
measurement from the flat metal mounting tabs in each corner of the tube to the
tip of the neck. Not sure which exact model number the tube is, but it was
pulled from a Star Wars UW (I believe) and is definitely not the 19VLUP22 Wells
Gardner tube.

Noel Johnson