Re: Amplifone tube.

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 09:45:39 EDT

On Oct 10, 8:42pm, Dan Todd wrote:
> Subject: Re: Amplifone tube.
> On Sun, 10 Oct 1999 09:06:39 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
>
> > I actually have a WG 61xx with an amplifone tube. The tubes for the
> >amplifone and the WG are NOT the same. The main diference is that the wg
> >is a 100 degree tube and the amplifone is 90 degree tube. The G08 and WG
> >color vector monitors use the same tube. An amplifone tube will work in
> >a WG chasis if you use the amplifone yoke. The neck board fits the same.
> I took a look at this and the WG neck board WILL NOT FIT on an Amplifone with
> Rauland tube on it. If what Dave said is true then you must have one of the
low
> res tubes 19VJTP22. Maybe this tube has the same type of neck socket the WG
tube
> has?

I have a G08 chassis, and a tube off of an WG49xx. I tried using this tube
with the G08 chassis by unsoldering the old neck socket and soldering the
WG49xx tube
socket. However, the picture is a mess. Can someone instruct me as to what
the correct pinouts are for each model tube are? I have a feeling my tube
socket must be rotated off a bit.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL