RE: Vector programming

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 20:47:21 EDT

> So the better you are, the faster you die? Hmm... a strange reward.

Well, not exactly... Tearing through the "easier" levels allows you to
build up "reserve" score for an assault on the harder levels, and presumably
you're not losing as many lives along the way.

It's really kinda like existing games that don't let you start at an
advanced level to begin with. You go through the easy levels (presumably
relatively quickly compared to a beginner) and then hit the hard stuff and
get whacked. Instead of building up extra lives though you're building up
your score. I think it's just a variation on a theme, but kinda "different"
if nothing else...

> Or is this more like: "You are a worthy opponent and for this I offer
> you a quick and painless death!" (Can I do the voice over? Please? ;^)

Probably 'cause it was just on TV, but this reminds me of Braveheart for
some reason. (Spoiler alert-- don't read farther if you haven't seen the
movie and don't want to know. ;-) (So at the end when Mel Gibson's
character is being drawn and quartered and they keep giving him a chance to
renounce his beliefs and embrace the rule of the king in exchange for just
getting his head lopped off instead of being eviscerated...)

-Clay